Friday, October 19, 2012

Silly Pumpkins




Okay, I know it's been awhile but you have to take a look at the pumpkins we made yesterday.  It was one of those things where I thought to myself, "I need to have a little bit of fun in the classroom today." and so we gathered our materials and we were ON IT.  So the idea came from Pinterest... where else, right?  I can't find an actual blog where it's from so it's just some pictures on a Flickr account.  We changed it up a little by just using orange and green construction paper instead of painting white paper.  We did make our paper a little bit fancy though... I read another blog where the teacher bought special marbled construction paper to make her pumpkins but that was a little pricey for me.  So we made our own paper!  It's hard to see in the pictures but we started with regular orange and green construction paper and then sponge painted onto it.  Then I let the kiddos loose to see what they could come up with!  Here's what we got:
These two were made separately but they looked so funny when I put them next to each other!


I love the grass on this one.

Too much teeth!  And he added a little baby pumpkin!

I think this one is my favorite with the one big "toof".

These were just so much fun to make and the kids really loved the activity.  Definitely going to do it again next year!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment